The Anime Addicted
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Anime Addicted

Where we eat, sleep, breath, see, make, and LIVE anime!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Lan games: Dota

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
karasu
Random School Girl
karasu

Lan games: Dota Empty
PostSubject: Lan games: Dota   Lan games: Dota I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 20, 2009 9:07 pm

What is DotA? i dont know

Almost everybody knows the word "DotA" but don't know the meaning of it. DotA stands for “Defense of the Ancients”, it's a free mod for Warcraft 3: The Frozen Throne. The game goals are to defend your base from the heroes form the other side and at the same time attack the other base. There are 2 bases or sides you'll have to choose from the start: Scourge and the other one is Sentinel. Scourge is located at the upper right of the map while Sentinel is located at the lower left. I think there are 90+ heroes playable already to be pick. You can create strategies during the game, how will you kill the other heroes, how will you defend your bases etc. The games max players are 10 so there will be 5 max players on the Scourge and 5 max players on the sentinel to be balance. You can start the game even if its a handicap (it means there are more players on the other side).

What are Heroes? yosh1

Like playing an online or offline rpg game, dota uses heroes that use items and level up during the game. Every hero have their own unique abilities or what they call in the game as "Skills". There are also stats or what they called “Hero Attributes” and determine the basic strengths and weaknesses of a hero, one of these attributes is the “primary attribute” which determines your attack damage and generally the type of hero you control. There are 3 Hero Attributes and these are:

Strength: Each point increases hit points and hit point regeneration.

Agility: Each point increases attack speed and armor.

Intelligence: Each point increases mana points and mana regeneration

Each hero has a total of 4 different skills that can be gain one by one once the hero levels up. Three of these skills are “normal” skills which can be learned w/o level requirements. The fourth skill is called "Ultimate" or "Last skill" which can be learned at level 6/11/16, this is the skill that is very special and only the hero you picked have it. And btw there is an attribute bonus which gives +2 to all your attributes, you can learn it instead of skills.

What about items? Lan games: Dota 368516

Every second in the game you will gain 1 gold. the fastest way to get lots of gold is by killing creeps. when you kill creeps you can get a random amount of gold (I think the range of gold is 20~60 gold/kill). When you kill another enemy hero you get 100 gold and bonus gold. With gold you can buy items for your hero. The items makes your hero stronger and increases their damage according to their attributes and the items.

Feel free to post topics images, and discussions about "DotA" here.

sweatdrop

credits to some forums for infos scary
Back to top Go down
BAKALOID
Random School Girl
BAKALOID

PostSubject: Re: Lan games: Dota   Lan games: Dota I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 02, 2009 6:48 am

as of 6.63 you can select 95 heroes in DotA
Back to top Go down
karasu
Random School Girl
karasu

PostSubject: Re: Lan games: Dota   Lan games: Dota I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 02, 2009 8:31 am

BAKALOID wrote:
as of 6.63 you can select 95 heroes in DotA

wow yosh1
Back to top Go down
BAKALOID
Random School Girl
BAKALOID

PostSubject: Re: Lan games: Dota   Lan games: Dota I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 02, 2009 1:23 pm

LOL. I just read it in the loading screen. XP yosh
Back to top Go down
karasu
Random School Girl
karasu

PostSubject: Re: Lan games: Dota   Lan games: Dota I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 10, 2009 12:33 am

i wonder if some plays dota here head spin
so i can ask them to play with me during EBs yosh1
Back to top Go down
BAKALOID
Random School Girl
BAKALOID

PostSubject: Re: Lan games: Dota   Lan games: Dota I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 13, 2009 3:59 am

I do. haha. I know people from +AA+ who play DotA but I think they haven't registered in this forum yet. Lan games: Dota 350415

I'm not that good at DotA, since my specialty in PC games is Real-time strategy.

Do you have a Garena account?
Back to top Go down
karasu
Random School Girl
karasu

PostSubject: Re: Lan games: Dota   Lan games: Dota I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2009 6:56 am

yes i have, but i dont play garena that much, i only play during my vacant and weekends
btw ~ ign:sturoberi
Back to top Go down
rhitzumaki fuma
Random School Girl
rhitzumaki fuma

PostSubject: Re: Lan games: Dota   Lan games: Dota I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 30, 2009 6:03 am

Ano ang magandang version ng dota para sa inyo???

Sa akin yung bago... 6.64
Back to top Go down
http://www.ranzhekiell.multiply.com
BAKALOID
Random School Girl
BAKALOID

PostSubject: Re: Lan games: Dota   Lan games: Dota I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2009 6:32 am

ang pinaka gusto kong version ng dota e 6.59

kasi un ang pinakabalanced na map e, kahit sa getdota.com un ung stable map e. hahaha

ung 6.60+ kasi nagulo na ung changes e.

tapos si jah'ra'kal wala na. hnd na xa pinakamalakas na hero(in terms of 1 v 1). T_T
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lan games: Dota   Lan games: Dota I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lan games: Dota
Page 1 of 1